July 2, 2012

Honeycomb

I've been seeing a lot of DIY projects inspired by honeycombs lately, and since it's summer I'd like to show you my favorites ! 
Honeycomb smocking, it's a really easy tutorial, and it doesn't strain your hands as much as many other smocking tutorials do.
See tutorial here
If you have old curtains you'd like to freshen up, this would be a great solution, maybe a scarf.
I see some great ideas bobbling up in my head. 
Honeycomb shelves. These are precious, and you can make as many connect together as you want, have them randomized across the wall or just have one or two. I you've read my blog at all you'll know how much I love driftwood and pallets, so I'd suggest old wood for the part, just make sure it handles pressure, that it's not to old.
See tutorial here
Now, I know this ottoman tub has been given a new life, and it looks amazing, but as for me, I don't know where to get a tub like this, so I saw this as a great idea to recreate the shelves you see above, if you re-size the shelve tutorial you can make an ottoman out of old wood.
There's not a tutorial for this item, but you can buy it here, it's a little pricey, so if you decide to make this yourself hope you'll e-mail me the results, I'd love to see it, my e-mail is guffaakristins@gmail.com.

That's it for today, I'll be posting blogs at least on mondays and thursdays from now on.
And hopefully more. Like my Facebook page to see updates, I always post there when I post a blog.

0 opinions:

Post a Comment